Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Frigidaire Refrigerator model FRT21P6CSK0. The bottom

I have a Frigidaire Refrigerator model FRT21P6CSK0.
The bottom of the refrigerator always contains some water.
When the water is removed by towel it gradually increases over time until it needs to be wiped out again.
The water accumulates under the humidity control drawers.
I have looked and it doen not appear to be coming from the freezer.
Is this condensation from opening the door? It occurs also in winter with low relative humidity.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi the problem is a blockage in the defrost drain. Remove the shelfs and food from the freezer then take out the panel at the back of freezer. You will see ice build up in the drain pan below the evaporator. Melt ice with hairdryer/heat gun you will see a hole in pan that leads to drain tube. Pour some hot water in pan..wait a couple minutes. Mop up water and repeat this step 2-3 times....once you have done this find some flexible curtain wire or electrical wire and poke it down the hole until you see the water drain. Now it is clear. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Mike