Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

I have a Magic Chef Top Mount R/F (CTF1925) that blows only

I have a Magic Chef Top Mount R/F (CTF1925) that blows only warm room temperature air into the freezer and refrigerator compartments. I have disconnected power and looked at the coils, which are not dirty. There is no frost anywhere and no water pooled during the 2 day manual defrost. WHen I plug it in again, the condenser fan spins, but I hear no pump noises, and the evaporator remains room temperature. IS this thing dead?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Gary can you pull the unit out from the wall and take the lower panel off at the back. Behind the panel you will see the compressor. Need you to feel the compressor and tell me if it is hot or room temp? also need to know if the condenser fan beside the compressor is running?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your reply. I have exposed everything from the back panel access and the compressor is NOT warm, but the fan is running. The tank (canister) is also at room temperature.

Ok inside the control panel you will find the defrost timer (12) this has stalled and will need to be replaced. Click HERE to order the replacement timer. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.