Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation

after decoding the error mssgs, I determined that I had a bad

after decoding the error mssgs, I determined that I had a bad clock electronic control assembly for a Whirlpool double oven model#RBD305PDQ10, serial# XXXXX I ordered part#8302967 and swapped out the boards.

The buttons/keypad on the front of the oven are not all working. For example the "oven off" button and custom broil works but a small "start?" comes up under the clock but the start key does not work.

It does give me a PF mssg when I turn the power back on but it clears as soon as I hit the oven off and the error mssg does not return. Also, when power is turned on it says "lock"

ADD - we have tried to unlock the keyboard by holding the start key for 5 seconds but no tone is heard and no unlock symbol appears.

Branch Yules

Sounds to me that you have a stuck key on the front panel control.
This is what a tech would have checked or replaced first , before spending all that money on the Electronic clock control for $323.
I always suspect the key pad (panel control) is stuck first, and this will make the electronic control malfunction.graphic.

Edited by Neilwill on 7/1/2010 at 1:42 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How would you suggest "unsticking" the keypad? Do you need to purchase a new keypad or can some steps be taken?

You can not fix this once this happens, so the only solution is to replace the keypad.

Save your old original electronic clock control if you did not trash it. It may be okay as a spare if it was the keypad stuck all along.

Edited by Neilwill on 7/1/2010 at 2:39 PM EST