John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Maytag RTP 19000AM refrigerator. I was doing some

I have a Maytag RTP 19000AM refrigerator. I was doing some work in the kitchen and rolled the fridge out, then rolled it back. Now the unit is not cooling. The motor is running and sounds fine, but neither the refrigerator nor the freezer are getting cold. The thermostat is set so that the unit should be cooling. Could something have come loose or detached?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

When you moved the fridge out something could have stopped the fan motor by the compressor, pull the fridge out and check that fa it could be the problem.

Let me know please.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The fan is working. There is a reddish-brown liquid that has dripped out of the bottom. Is that the freon? If so, there could be a leak in the freon container. Would that be a black rounded metal closed container?
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Theres no color to freon the fan motor you said is going are the coils by the fan dirty.

Can you feel frost on the freezer panel and is the fan motor in the freezer going.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The coils are dirty and dusty. I brushed them off with a hand brush. The fan motor in the freezer appears to be going, but there is no frost anywhere. No coling in either the refrigerator or the freezer portion.
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

Well that dust and dirt can cause this problem so give it a very good cleaning and see if the freezer starts to get cold its very important to the cooling process to keep them clean.

Give it a few hrs and see what happens lets hope its the problem.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there a compressor or condenser that cools the unit? I'm assuming there is. If so, how can I identify that part and how is it connected to the unit?
Expert:  John replied 4 years ago.

This is the cooling unit,# XXXXX is the compressor the # XXXXX is the condenser thats the one thats dirty . # XXXXX is the freezer coil and its suppose to be very cold if that # XXXXX is dirty it wont circulate the refrigerant to # XXXXX

John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.