John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Moyer Diebel 201HT-70 Unit seems to emits excessive steam at

Customer Question

Moyer Diebel 201HT <br />Unit seems to emits excessive steam at the bottom of the door during rinse cycle. Thermometer says the temp is 170F. There is no door seal. I do not know if there is supposed to be one but it appears to be a metal to metal interlocking type of seal.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
The fact that steam is being generated during the rinse cycle indicates that the rinse water is too hot, if not boiling. The first thing to check is the actual temperature of the rinse water itself. Don't rely on the digital thermometer. Please post back to me, if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I thought this to be the problem also but then I thought that the thermostat (I suppose there is a thermostat that controls the water temp) and the thermometer would both have to be bad at the same time. Does one thermocouple feed info to both the thermostat and thermometer ? Is it logical for two failures at the same time ?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry to say that I've search the internet for technical information(parts drawings and wiring schematics), but I can't find any. The only choice left is to go to www.moyerdieble.com, and contact someone using their website.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your effort but I cannot accept your answer because it basically has not helped me. Your answer told me what I already knew. I was hoping for a more technical answer that would help me repair the machine.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Without the necessary technical information available, I'm unable to do anything specific. Your deposit is still in your justanswer account.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I understand. Unfortunately your answer does not really help me solve my problem. I am going to try to contact someone with more specific Moyer Diebel experience. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Try contacting the nearest restaurant equipment repair company. Perhaps they have the information. Thank you for choosing justanswer.