John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I own a Wolf range/oven. Its about 3 years old.I baked a

Customer Question

I own a Wolf range/oven. It's about 3 years old.I baked a cake on Monday that I've baked at least a dozen times before and the cake didn't rise. I baked another one right after that one and it did in fact rise but it wasn't thoroughly cooked (wet inside) and the it was very sweet. Tonight I baked another cake and that too didn't bake ... also too wet inside, although the top was baked. What do you think the problem is?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Does the oven use a convection fan? I also need the model number to search for parts information.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it does use a convection's 30" 4 burners I don't know what model it is
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
It sounds to me like there's something wrong with the convection air movement. Check to see if you can hear the convection fan running, when your turn the bake function on. I also need to know if your oven is used in your home or commercially.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not use the convection when I am baking...the convection has nothing to do with this oven is in my home.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
OK. Thank you. We need to know the actual temperature in the oven, when it's in the bake mode. You can do this by inserting a shelf thermostat inside, and comparing the temperature on that thermostat with the temperate selected on the control. Please post back to me, when you've had a chance to check it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I called a service person...this is taking too long...I'm not getting anywhere...sorry
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
OK. Thank you.