Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service

My gas Maytag dryer Model# LDG9824AAE is not heating. The

Customer Question

My gas Maytag dryer Model# XXXXX is not heating. The other day my wife said she was trying to dry some sheets all day long and it wouldn't dry. I checked it out and when I started it up it worked fine . Heat and fan and spin fine. Now it is not putting out any heat again. It seems to work fine when I first fire it up then stops putting out heat and will spin for hours. I checked the vent it is not clogged and putting out good pressure.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to help you.

The most likely issue is one of your gas coils is bad. They can work normally for the first 10 or 15 minutes and then fail once they heat up. I replace a lot of these on gas dryers for the exact same complaint. If it starts to heat, that rules out a lot of things, including your ignitor, fuses, radiant sensor, etc. The part number for the coil kit is 279834. Very cheap and easy repair.

Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
Have you attempted this repair? What's the verdict?