Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

have ld code have already inspected drain removed lid and tud

Customer Question

have ld code have already inspected drain removed lid and tud inspected inlet no restriction washer will wash but clothes are wet and ld comes up during spin cycle doesn't want to spin it tries what else can i do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to help you.

Have you checked the pump for foreign objects? What is your model and serial number please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

wtw6400sw1 whirlpool cabrio

yes pulled cover after removing tank nothing

Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
I'd like you to fill your washer like you're starting a cycle, but without clothes. Then I want you to cancel the cycle once your machine is full of water. This usually takes up to 10 minutes before it's done its sensor cycle. Let me know how fast the washer drains and how long it attempts to drain prior to flashing LD.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have tank out and lid off so it will take me a little bit

Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
Well, while you have it apart, check your drain hose. Sometimes I've found nickels and quarters stuck in them. They get wedged in there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
already had drain hose off and blown threw it hose is good pulled drain pump off looked ok to
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Have you tried any of the tech tests on the technical data sheet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
could not get to tech sheets
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.

Oh no? Check this out hehehehe

http://www.servicematters.com/docs/wiring/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10026571.pdf

Let me know if this helps.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have it going threw cycle now lets see how that tures out
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
Read that PDF I linked. It's your tech manual.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
stopped washer after 10 minutes drains realy well doesn't look like restriction in drain
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.

Great news. Try running some of the tests in that file I gave you and let me know if anything odd occurs ok.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

got a code 32 but already inspected drain hose it isn't over 96 don't see kinked hose

Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.

You did say that it drained like a champ right?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes when i hit pauce cancel it drained good
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
Ok, I'd like you to attempt test number 6 which is a pressure calibration test. If you do this test and it still gives you issues on your next cycle, we'll have to go to the next step. Let me know after you've done test 6 and have done your next load of laundry how things are.
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
One last thing, check the air dome which is on the right rear of your outer tub. There is a small rubber hose attached to it. Make sure there is no mildew in this. If there is, you'll need a pipe cleaner to clean the stuff out, then try a cycle. That will throw off how the control senses water level.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
if you put washer in drain spin mode timer stops at 8 tank not spinning and pump motor running and is air dome on lr not rr
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
The air dome is on the outer tub at the right rear. Sorry, I mis-typed that information. It's late here lol. You follow the clear rubber hose from the console down and you'll find it. It seems as though it's draining fine, but the control doesn't recognize it is drained. Check that air dome to make sure it's clear.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
should i be able to take hose off tank and blow threw it freely form bottom to top because i can't
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
No, you shouldn't be able to blow from bottom to top as It is attached to the control. One other question, does your machine seem to wash ok. The agitator turns ok right?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
during wash cycle when hits spin cycle get code ld
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
Right, I understand that. What I am asking is the wash cycle does work... correct? The wash motor does run right? I'm asking this because I'm coming close to a diagnosis. Have you run test #6 as I'd asked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i could not because it would not drain and spin for that test
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
I thought you said the pump drained out fine when you hit drain cancel. Then you could have gone back into test mode and done test 6. Also, I'd like you to try test 3 as well. I really need to know the outcome after you do test 6. You'll need to do a drain and spin. If that fails, let me know. I think your control pressure sensor is not seeing the tub as drained which is why it isn't spinning. Also, I need test 3 to verify the motor works at all. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it drains good when i stopped after normal wash after 10 minutes like you said but when i turn it to drain and spin it doesn't to do #6 you have to drain tub i can't

just call me(NNN) NNN-NNNNwalk me through it. it will be faster

i will still pay

Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry, it is against the rules of this forum to call a customer. I can lose my expert account and I'm not willing to do this. Sorry.

I need you to verify the motor works. Start the wash cycle, just as before and let me know if it works. Then do a drain again and I will tell you what I think is wrong based upon our conversation.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

if you are looking at back of washer motor on bottom lower left is running washer say wash timer says 43 do you want me to stop it again

Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
What about the main wash motor directly in the center. Is the impeller turning? Does the machine wash? This is very important. The main motor turns the impeller and also turns the basket for spin. Is this motor running during the wash phase?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes turning right now

Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
Excellent. If you now hit cancel and let the machine drain, do test #6. If you still have problems, you're going to need a control board. Part number is XXXXX This control board has the pressure sensor built in and also controls every aspect of the motor. If the sensor does not determine that the machine is drained, it won't spin. I'm sorry this took awhile but I wanted to be pretty darn sure before I made this my diagnosis. This part isn't really cheap. It lists for around $170.00.
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
What's the verdict. Did you run test 6? Did you order that part?