Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a 12 yr old Amana side-by-side refrigerator. The door

Customer Question

I have a 12 yr old Amana side-by-side refrigerator. The door to the freezer does not seem to seal/close properly hence I am getting water droplets inside the freezer. Normally, after opening the freezer door, on closing, there will be some suction sound but this is not happening now. Could you advise me what to do, and where I can get help since I live in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, on the island of Borneo. Many thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
you'll need to look around and see where the seal isn't making contact with the cabinet frame (either the refrigerator or freezer). Once you find the location, either loosen the top hinge screw and adjust the door so that it sits straight, or if the door seal is just warped, use a hair dryer and warm up the seal so that it forms to the frame when you shut the door. If you find a ripped seal, you'll need to order and replace the seal.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
what about the answer quality?