Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I typed the question about my kemore elite refrig while ago,

I typed the question about my kemore elite refrig while ago, and I also put my credit card info in. Before I am in the company site network, there is a lot of security check in, I am waiting so long so I get out, should I retype in my question, or how can I continue to get help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Is there frost or ice on the back wall of the freezer?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, on the middle of the freezer has some frost on it. the rest of freezer do not have.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Is the fan running inside the freezer when you open the freezer door?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, fan is running, I heard the sound, I assue it is fan.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

THis is most likely a bad defrost thermostat in the back wall of the freezer, this is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places, http://www.apwagner.com/, http://www.repairclinic.com/, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/, or http://www.partstore.com/, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.

Part 892545

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is the temperature control need to be change, it seems to me, the refrig temp is not cold enough. I just do not know why the technician came and order two parts of the repair, then when he tried one second, he even unscrew the part, then he gave up,he just tell me, it's the wrong parts, it will not fit in, he took away the new part, he told me it was not necessary to be replaced the temperature control board in order to get it work. I suspected the technician resell the parts or do some use the temp control board.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
THere should not be any frost in the freezer back wall if the defrost system is working properly, this model is known for bad defrost thermostats, I cannot fathom a guess what the tech did with the part he took back with him, however the temp controls rarely have problems with these model, if the freezer is clogging with frost behind the back panel the air flow from the freezer to the fridge section will not happen properly and the fridge will get to warm.