Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

hi, i have a ge 2 door ref. the freezer part is working fine,

hi, i have a ge 2 door ref. the freezer part is working fine, but the fresh food side does not cool as it used to..the lower shelves are ok, but the upper shelves are very warm
This means that your unit has a defrost problem. If you pull everything out of your freezer and remove the lower back panel, you can access the evaporator which will be packed with frost. Use a hair dryer to thaw all the frost out and that will get the unit working again for a week or two. To fix the problem so that it doesn't come back, you'll need to order and replace the defrost heater which is nothing more than a long light bulb at the bottom of the frost. This part fails often just like a light bulb. Below is a link to the part I recommend ordering and replacing.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your quick response. Is the lower panel inside the freezer or I need to pull the freezer out of its place and remove the back panel?
inside the freezer, the lower panel inside the freezer so you work from the front.