Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service

I have a GE Profile Washer model # WPGT9350C0WW. On the screen

I have a GE Profile Washer model # XXXXX On the screen when any buttons are pushed it says "NOTICE A Problem has been detected with this unit". I cannot get it to go away. Anything you touch just causes it to beep. I tried unplugging it for a while and plugging it back in no change. I recently had to replace the power supply and AC input filter unit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to help you.

Let me know if you can get this link to load by copy and paste method. This is the only documentation I can find for you. It does provide you the ability to go into test mode which may help you narrow down your issue. That error you are receiving can be retrieved, but I've only seen it once and it had to do with the brake release.

https://customernet.geappliances.com/OTIS/jsp/pubLibResult.jsp?type=keyword&search=31-15543 &src=leftnav&userval=31-15543

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I was able to copy the link and get the Document. Thank You.

I entered the Field Test Mode and it listed several issues and then said to unplug it to get it to reset. I did this and it ran its diagonistic test, Everything passed. I have started a small load to see if it can get all the way through a cycle. I will let you know.

It will take about an hour.

Is this a sign the washer may need to be replaced?
It is about 5 years old, we do at least one load a day on average.
I have never had this problem with the washer, before now.
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
The washer saw something it did not like obviously, but when I saw this happen in the field, I ran this same test and never heard back anything negative from the customer. I guess that one was just a fluke. Please let me know what issues it listed if you recall.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It said Coupler Broke, Irratic Communications with the Touch Screen, and something about the power supply.
I did not think to write them down as I went, I thought it would give me a chance to review them again. I guess not.

It is still running, It seems to have an issue when it gets to the drain cycle. It sometimes does not drain correctly and says I need to check the drain hose for kinks. There are no kinks or blockages in the drain hose.
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.

Ok, well let me know if it finishes the cycle successfully please.

My customers washer said the same thing about the coupler. I did not find a problem with it though. As far as the draining, there may be a problem with the pump, but usually it would be more than sometimes if there was an issue with it. Just get back to me then :)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, it is on the spin cycle it has 24 minutes left.
Expert:  Justin replied 4 years ago.
sounds good. I'll be here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It finished without incident.

Thank you for your help.
Expert:  replied 4 years ago.
Sounds good. Please choose the accept button. If you need further assistance, please call on me. Positive feedback and bonuses are appreciated.
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service