Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi! My Whirlpool dryer, model WGD8300SW0, wont start. The

Hi! My Whirlpool dryer, model WGD8300SW0, won't start. The electronic panel lights up, but when I press "start" it beeps quickly and then doesn't do anything... any ideas? Thanks!!
does it beep 3 times quickly?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes I believe so - I can confirm when I get home tonight. three sounds right.
ok well this is a common failure and it means that your door switch is defective. The door switch isn't detecting that the door is shut so it beeps 3 times stating that your door is open. You'll just need to order and replace the door switch to fix the problem.

Also, the only other beeping that happens if something is wrong is just 1 beep. If it's anything more than 1, it's 3 which is a bad door switch.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK - great news (I think...) Can you give me some info on where to buy that switch (either on the web or what kind of store would have it in stock)? Can I replace it myself? Thanks!
Here is a link to the switch you'll need to order and replace. and you can replace it yourself if you'd like but it's not incredibly easy. You'll need to remove the top panel then the control panel then finally the front panel to access the lid switch.