John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a GE dish washer model # GSD4320202bb seriel # ST808420B

Customer Question

I have a GE dish washer model # XXXXX seriel # XXXXX that will run and wash the dishes, the pump will run water into the disposal as it always has but when it is completed a cycle it leaves clear water in the bottom of the tub. I have checked for ubstructions but I am thinking that there might be a sincer that is not registering the water depth. Do you have an answer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

Tell me if theres a long screen on the floor towards the back of the tub please.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes there is a skreen in the back and if I remember correctly it is held in place by 4 skrews. I did remove it and checked to see if there was any obstructions and I did not find any.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

This piston and nut is screwed in to the sump this gets worn out or gets clogged with food particles.

Replace this part it should fix the problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where exactly is htis part on the washer? I would like to check this out tonight.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Its under the screen you said had 4 screws.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there a way to tell if it is bad if it is not cloged?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Once its removed it should look like the picture I sent you, the rubber plunger should be smooth and not pitted.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will check this out and get back to you tomorrow.
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
You can start it to unscrew by tapping it then unscrew the nut.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I just got the opertunity to look at the part you were referring to. You were right in that the part is defective, but I do not know as of yet if it fixed the problem until I get the new part in next week. I am going to accept your answer, if i find that I still have problems I will contact you next week.

Thank You

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Thats not a problem I'm sure it will work for you , but if you need me Ill be here.

Thanks and God Bless.