Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Ive got a Whirlpool SF330PEWW8 and the ignitor will continue

I've got a Whirlpool SF330PEWW8 and the ignitor will continue to click even after the flame is lit. Mostly, this happens when the oven and the stove top are on together. I noticed that the left (set of burners') ignitor activates with the oven temp control. Is this common or should there be a dedicated ignitor for the oven or are the two in series?
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

replace the spark module , part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNand cost about $65 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you and its most likely under the top panel with the burners ,,, Glad i could help you with your problem today so please hit the accept button for me before you leave so i may be paid ,, Thanks
graphic
i will be off line for rest of the day to take my insulin and rest up so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back in the morning / thanks Larry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Has this solution been a helpful fix to similar problems where the ignitor keeps clicking? And, do you know if the left ignitor and the oven ignitor are in series with one another? Also, is there a sensor that looks for the flame to shut the ignitor down? If so, what is this part and number. Thanks.
the spark module send power to all the igniter's and yes this has about always been the fix if thats what you asking and no there is no sensor for the igniter
i am about to get off line,,, i have been on since 7 this morning and i'm about brain dead so if you need more information please ask now or please hit the accept button for me or i will be back in the morning / thank
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
To answer my other question, do you know if there are three separate igniters in this model? 1 for right side, 1 for left, and 1 for oven? If so, are the left side and oven in series? I'm trying to figure out if there is a short because the left side clicks when the oven is turned on. Also, this is my 1st time on this site, what do I owe you for your time?
there is only one module but they all tie into that one so it could just be one or two or all at same time
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If the "lite" setting on the control dial is what initiates the igniter - what would cause it to go off when the control dial is not on "lite". Would there still be power going to the module. I mean the module is not being signaled the whole time the stove is in use is it?
if the igniter keep sparking even if you turn the burner off then its the spark module ,, if you like i can opt out and someone else can get on and then they will tell you the same ,, dont mean to sound rude but i'm tired and if you replace the part then it will fix your problem / thanks

the only other thing will be the control board

Edited by Larry on 7/1/2010 at 1:30 AM EST