John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a very old Kenmore clothes dryer -- timer doesnt

I have a very old Kenmore clothes dryer -- timer doesn't work anymore. Love the machine, Would like to get new timer -- perhaps a later model uses same timer . Dryer still works, just have to go manually turn it off.
Dryer M91703280
Model #77975800 79758

Thanks XXXXX e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks for the question.

Does it take you longer to dry a load of clothes it may not be the timer.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi. No, it doesn't take longer for the clothes to dry -- I just set a timer in the kitchen, & when time's up, open dryer door, & take clothes out.

When my kids were visiting, my daughter washed & dried a couple of loads, & the next time I used it after that, the machine didn't (doesn't) stop automatically. Just keeps on drying -- it could probably continue for hours if I didn't stop it. I will tell you this, my plumber is the one that believes it's the timer -- I don't really know!!!

This is kinda neat - I'm in contact w/ a company/service I never knew about. 395&productGroupId=0026&supplierId=110&brandId=x&documentId=00004464&keySuffixId=NA&modelNumber=x&keyId=000041&pageId=00003&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=11077975800&subCompDesc=Bulkhead%20assembly&brandDesc=KENMORE&modelDesc=GAS-DRYER&blt=11

The number 41 on the breakdown can cause this problem as well its the cycling thermostat .

The timer can only be sent in to Sears and they will rebuild you old one .

You can call them sometimes the have some in stock.