Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

Need your help...My name is Gilbert and My microwave is running

Need your help...My name is XXXXX XXXXX My microwave is running my it self. Normally when you close the door it sits idling until you press something. Well mine runs with the light on and carousel turning with out any buttons being pressed. I have opened and closed the door, hit the off/clear button turned the breaker off and on. Nothing helps, it continues to run when you close the door and will not stop. My appliance is a 2 year old G E Profile microwave oven installed into the cabinet. Can someone help me trouble shoot it, or tell me where i can get my hands on a schematic.
Hello, I am here to assist you. Your problem is your main control board. It is bad and thinks that you have already pressed the start button. That is everything comes on as soon as you close the door. Now, to replace the board will probably run around $300. The model number you sent does not exist or come up. Could you please reverify the model number and I can give you a closer estimate and the part number for the board.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your response my model number is XXXXX

Okay, thank you for your quick response but I think your model number is XXXXX

PEB1590SM1SS. Now for that model the part # XXXXX the control board WB27X10791 and runs $230. Now I am sending you a link to your microwave. This will show you all the parts to your unit. Hope this helps and good luck.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=PEB1590SM1SS&productCategoryId=0123245&brandId=0432&modelName=MICROWAVE&diagramPageId=00001&documentId=G0904037&pop=flush&searchCount=1

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you..what's the warrantee on the part? Do you know

I am sending you a link to the owners manual. The warranty is on page 31 of the manual. The way it looks unfortunately the board is only covered a year but if I were you I would call GE and raise cain and see if they give in since it is only 2 years old. They might just give in. Here is the link to the owners manual and good luck.

http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/owner_manuals/7240/GE-Countertop-Microwave-LR707420?brand_name_search=PEB1590SM1SS+GE