Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

Water collects in the bottom of my dishwasher and even when

Water collects in the bottom of my dishwasher and even when I run water out of the adjoining sink that water goes into the base of the dishwasher. My question is if it is a problem with the dishwasher or with the pipes under the sink?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 6 years ago.
From what you are saying the problem is with the drain hose under the sink it should have a loop in it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. The dishwasher is about 10 years old but is only run every 10 days or so because it is my 85 yr old mother's...reason I don't have model #, etc. She says drain hose has been slow before and she has used Draino, etc so sounds like that is probably the problem this time.
Yes it sounds like the drain hose is the problem it should be higher than the drain with a loop in it.