Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.
21549903

how do you set the time zone on a Sharp Atomic clock model

Customer Question

how do you set the time zone on a Sharp Atomic clock model spc900 thank youXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
Hit the "time" button 3 times until PM shows up in the day position. Then I used my up and down buttons to change it to the correct time zone. My outside temperature has been working well. Once you change the batteries you need to leave the receiver and the clock pretty close together until they start communicating again. I hope this helps you.

Edited by Craig on 6/29/2010 at 9:15 PM EST
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience: 33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did not work
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
While in the normal time display mode, press and hold the SET button for 2 seconds until the hour number flashes.

Press the ADJUST button to set the hour (be sure to set AM and PM correctly)

Press the SET button again. The minutes will begin to flash. Set the minutes with the ADJUST button.

Use the SET button to toggle through seconds, date, month, and year, and use the ADJUST button to set each just as you did for hours and minutes.

Once you're through, press the MODE button to return to the normal time display.

Also, to set your time zone, press the MODE button to display the alarm time, and then press the SET button (don't hold it down) to toggle through the time zones).

Finally, to toggle between 12-hour and 24-hour display, press the SET button while you're in the normal time mode.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what i have on back of my clock time,up down max/min,below alm on/off sync,channel,c/f these are the only buttons on clock
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
Press 'alarm' then
  • Enter the Alarm Time Mode.
  • Press the [SET] button to set the desired time zone. Refer to the Time Zone map on the display, P=Pacific, M=Mountain, C=Central and E=Eastern.
  • Press the [MODE] to return to the time mode position.

Edited by Craig on 6/30/2010 at 1:25 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it does in my day widow i have langage
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
I have searched high and low and can not lay my hands on the manual for your clock! I am going to have to get you to call Sharp directly, sorry that Is all I can find.
Do you have a manual? keep trying button combinations

http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs/ContactUsProductSupport.aspx
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
here look at back time - up- down - max/min below these are alm on/off - sync - channel - c/f
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
Try going through the 'time' button. Press and hold...press three times....anything you can try there may get you to the time zone function.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my finger is sore from pushing the time zone can you help or do i get a refund
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
Have you tried contacting Sharp yet. Let me contact them for you and give me a bit more time. If I can't find it you will absolutely get a refund no problem. I can't believe this is such a hard one to find, I have searched the internet several times and nothing. Don't think I haven't been trying too!
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
I put you in for a refund. Craig
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you sorry you could not help Dumbbutts like me would not loose things thanks for all your time