Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

KitchenAid KSCS25INSS Icemaker The icemaker is freezing

Customer Question

KitchenAid KSCS25INSS Icemaker

The icemaker is freezing the ice in the tray but is not ejecting the ice into the bin. The ice cubes build up on top and refreeze in the next batch of ice and the whole process stops. The white ice stripper (#24 from parts manual) has "bent" out from this event and is not functioning. I've removed the unit and thawed, re-attached all parts but the problem continues. What's the next steps?

Bill Brennan, Austin, Tx. XXX-XXX-XXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi Bill can you open the door of the freezer and look at the little led inside the freezer and tell me if it is blinking or solid?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Red LED on right side by icemaker on/off switch is blinking

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok push and hold the flapper the other side and tell me if the light goes solid.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes it goes solid red

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried it again and it flashes quickly for 2 flashes, then pauses and flashes again twice...continues
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok so when you hit and hold the flapper the light blinks twice and pause and blinks twice?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, when I tried it again just now...the light remained constant ON. Then I closed the door and repeated the process...and now it flashes twice, then pauses and flashes twice again and repeats this sequence
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Ok sounds like the ice maker pc boards are bad. This is a common problem with this model. Click HERE to order a new pc board kit. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Mike