Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance

Larry, I have a GE JVM2070 Microwave whose control panel

I have a GE JVM2070 Microwave whose control panel is no longer taking any input from the touchscreen. The touchscreen displays information but takes no input. The buttons on the bottom of the control panel for controlling the fan work with no issues.

Any thoughts other than buying a new control panel. I've taken it out and looked for any loose connections - checked them all but still same situation.

Inside the unit there is a tech sheet, usually behind the grille, it will have the pin out to test the touchpad with. I'm betting you have a bad touch pad, possibly a board. Honestly there is no fix for it. Temporarily you can rub your hand over all the buttons to try and find which keys are sticking. Also remember to shut the power off for 5 mins in case it's software based. I can get you part numbers if you need, but there's no fixing a touchpad. Thanks!

please click accept and leave feedback