Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.

I have a Hampton Bay 600W landscape lighting transformer.

Customer Question

I have a Hampton Bay 600W landscape lighting transformer. There are 30 watts attached to two connected lines and all the lights are all flashing continually. What is the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Craig :

Every light is flashing? Have you verified the connections at the x-former?

Craig :

Are you there?

Customer:

If connections were noy made correctly no lights would be on, correct?

Craig :

Not necessarily

Craig :

Let me ask you some questions

Craig :

You have two lines going out to lights right?

Customer:

yes

Craig :

Do you have a volt meter?

Customer:

no, but voltage was chcked when instaaled by electrtion, also runs a pump

Craig :

Ok lets do some checks

Customer:

ok

Craig :

I want you to go to the transfomer and open it up where the lines feed out to the lights, can you do that?

Craig :

I want you to first unhook one line and leave one line connected.

Craig :

Turn the switchoff or unplug it first

Customer:

Right now my husband has gone to Home Depot so he can't do this right now. Can we get back to you when he gets home?

Craig :

yes no problem. Tell him what I want. Did the lights work at first after they were hooked up?

Customer:

The lights work, but they were blinking non stop. That is his main concern. They won't stop blinking. How can we get back to you?

Craig :

I will switch to Q/A and yoiu will just write me and I will answer. It sounds like they were not connected right and I will help you fix this, OK?

Customer:

Ok. Just start typing when he is ready?

Craig :

yes, the screen will change here in a minute when I go to Q/

Craig :

then when you get ready when he gets back have him just write a note after he unhooks one line and I'll watch for you to come back

Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
Now it's not live chat and when you husband gets the line unhooked, have him contact me here...I'll watch for you to return Craig
Expert:  Craig replied 4 years ago.
Do you still need help with the lights? I'm here to help you...