Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

We just bought a ADEW30LN dehumidifier and hooked the hose

Customer Question

We just bought a ADEW30LN dehumidifier and hooked the hose up according to the manual but water is not draining through the hose, the bucket keeps filling up.....why might it not be draining through the hose?
Thanks
Dave Blue
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. Your dehumidifier has a threaded drain at the low point of the sump under the cooling tubing. Since the threaded end is the low point all water should exit at that point. If the connector is loose water will still drip into the bucket. If the hose you have attached goes up higher than the threaded end at any point this will cause water to fill up the sump and overflow into the bucket. This is a safety system to prevent water on the floor. Let me know if anything is not clear. Dave

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Everything has been done exactly as you stated. I am not home right now to go down and recheck but the dehumidifier is elevated, hose screwed on tight..etc
Ok. If the hose goes down hill all the way there is either something blocking the hose or there is a low spot in the drain sump under the cooling coil. Try to remove the hose and watch and see if water drips off the end where it was threaded on. If it does you know the hose is blocked. Dave
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: It did not help. I do not want to pay for an answer that did not work..
It did not help. I do not want to pay for an answer that did not work.