Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

is there a reset button on a kenmore dryer, series 80

Customer Question

is there a reset button on a kenmore dryer, series 80?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The complete model number can be found inside the door area of the machine...

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is there a reset switch on a Craftsman Series 80 dryer. I just got one from a friend and it worked for about 10 seconds and then shut off. It will not restart. I have reset the breaker with no luck.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

There is no reset switch to say the least, the model number will allow me to bring up the diagrams so I can help you better, SERIES 80 is type of dryer not a model number, the model number is XXXXX inside the door area along where the serial number is XXXXX

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have to leave for an hour or so. I will return and give you that number.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

I should be here when you return..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The model number is: XXXXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

You need to put a period after the first 3 digits

The model number on Kenmore or Sears products consist of 11 digits usually, the first 3 digits tell us who made it for them and the remainder is the model number, please send the model number in the following format: 123.45678901, this will allow Just Answer to display the number and not think it is a phone number and X it out like this XXXXXXXXXX,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

One of 2 things will stop this from running, one is a bad door switch, see if you can hold the door switch in with your hands then try to start the unit? If this does not work then you will need to replace the thermal fuse on the bower housing of the unit. The part number for the thermal fuse is(NNN) NNN-NNNN and the door switch part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN by the description of the problem you have given me I would thing the door switch is the problem, You can order the parts you need from the following places,,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.