John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have water coming out of the bottom of my refrigerator.

I have water coming out of the bottom of my refrigerator. It pools under the vegetable crisper and seeps out onto the floor. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the question.

Theres a drain under the freezer coils thats blocked not allowing the defrost water to drain down to the drain pan under the fridge.

Send me the model number I will help you with it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is a whirlpool Design Style 18 - Model # XXXXX
Theres a few screws holding the freezer panel remove those and pull that out , thaw the ice that you see and clear the drain tube pour hot water and vinegar till the water drains out to the bottom drain pan this will fix that problem.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is the freezer drain inside of the freezer itself, or on the back panel of the unit?
Its the very back panel in the freezer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is the bottom drain pan located- is that in the front behind the lower slotted panel?
The drain pan in the freezer is behind that slotted panel , the drain pan that the water drains into is under the fridge by the compressor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have poured hot water and vinegar down that "hole"- there did not appear to be any ice build up- but the drain pan is bone dry-
If water didn't drain out theres still ice in that tube keep trying to clear the line it will clear up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The problem seems to have been fixed- thank you so much

Your welcome .

Thanks and God Bless.