Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service

GE GSS25WG how do you clean the water dispenser. Little bugs

Customer Question

GE GSS25WG how do you clean the water dispenser. Little bugs are coming out of it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
Underneath the dispenser control panel you'll see three tiny little holes. You put a small diameter screwdriver in one and push in while pulling out on the dispenser control panel at the bottom. Start at one of the holes on the corner. You sort of have to get on your knees and look up to see them. Remove the wire harnesses from the board and note their orientation. Then, four screws take the bracket behind it off. Please unplug unit first as there is live current behind that user interface dispenser control....!!!!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your response. We will try this and let you know if it works for what we need.
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
Sounds good. Let me know how you make out!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No thank you.
Expert:  Justin replied 6 years ago.
I was just asking how you did with your refrigerator cleaning project. What do you mean, "No thank you"?