Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We just had a power outage in mid-cycle. Now washer doesnt

We just had a power outage in mid-cycle. Now washer doesn't drain and I can't get it restarted because the door keeps unlocking. Circuit breaker was reset. What to do?
The washer is a Neptune front load model.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

do you have a model # ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Found it - MAH5500BWW

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok great . this appears to be the lock assembly thats bad. Part 893839it wont stay locked correct? there are only two things that would cause this, 1 is the lock, and the other is the control board, unfortunately there is only one way to tell and thats put the machine in test mode and test it, here is the service tech manual to do the testing , http://servicematters.com/maytag_library/docs/16010061.pdf this will walk you through the testing, its a big service manual so I cant walk you through that, hope this helps, thanks Bryan