Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi I had a situation where my the sinks in my kitchen were

Hi I had a situation where my the sinks in my kitchen were backing up into the dishwasher. Plumber fixed the obstruction issue with the sinks and I set the dishwasher to drain and it just kept running and running - all the water was out of the inside but I could still hear water being pumped out. It finally shut off but now won't start up again. I pulled off the cap and I can see a little bit of water still underneath so I don't think the moter is burnt. I tried running the diagnostic - holding down Power Scrub and Regular Wash buttons while hitting the on/off button - and the delicate cleaning button begins to I have no idea what to do....

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you tell me the model #?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is a built in model - we just moved into the house so I don't have a manual - I can describe it to you but I don't see a serial number on the inside anywhere - it is stainless steel with black on the top border and has the following buttons on the top inside - on/off, top rack only, power scrub, regular, delicate/econo, rinse hold.
ok what has happened is the water back up into the overflow pan under the dish washer, unfortunately you will need to dry out the catch pane under the unit, this will require pulling the dish washer out of the cabinet and sticking a towel in through the side and sopping up all the water, once thats done restart the machine and it should run fine, hope this helps, thanks Bryan