Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello! Dear husband took the door off the front of dryer to

Hello! Dear husband took the door off the front of dryer to try and access lint,etc. at my request. Unfortunately, when he kinda put it back on, it is weighted poorly and heavy, and keeps on falling out of the top latch and opening, which defeats any use of the dryer! He sent away for new latches, but they too have failed, which leads me to think its about the weighted door...Thanks for your attention! Anne

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get us the model#?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
110 60952990
ok does the door drop to far down when opened? or is it not staying shut?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It drops heavily down to the usual open position. And, the clasp -I think- cannot hold the weight of the door, so it drops open again.
ok did you replace the two piece latch catch? Part 3493both the one that holds the door and the one the door? also did he reattach the springs on the door hinges? # XXXXX on this diagram.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'll try to call him and get right back to you. My guess is he could not or did not reattach the springs on the door hinges. In fact, you're right! He said he had no idea how "to get at them"!
ok well tell him to reach upon each side and hook the springs on the door hinges and then down to the holes in the bottom front of the dryer, this should take care of the door,you can see the slot in the hinge for the spring in this picture, Part 525438 thanks Bryan