applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

I have a frigidaire ice box, it did not come with an automatic

I have a frigidaire ice box, it did not come with an automatic icemaker.
I just installed the kit for this pariticular model. I have checked and doublechecked the water supply line and know that I have water going to the valve.

I have no water coming out of the valve to the icemaker. It is plugged in to the supplied power cord.

My question is, Does it take an amount of time before water is sent to the ice maker or should it get water immediatley?

I have noticed that the compressor fan has not came on yet. Does this have something to do with it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 4 years ago.
Hi, it can take up to 24 hrs to make it's first batch of ice. Can you give me the part # XXXXX the ice maker you got? I may be able to help you speed it along.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Am I still in touch with you?
Yes.
Did you read my answer? Can you give me the part # XXXXX the ice maker?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I replied but im having some problem with my computer. The part number is XXXXX XXXXXXXXX

How long does it take for water to reach the ice maker itself.

I dont think any water has made it there

You will have to give me the part # XXXXX put a space between each letter/number, the one you gave came up all X's. It is not how long the water takes to get there, it is how long it takes for the ice maker to ask for water. It can take up to 24 hrs to make it's first batch. I may be able to help you jump it out so the ice maker will fill now.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

W C I 2 1 8 7 3 6 3 0 0

I am not finding that part #. Does it have an on off switch on the side?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It just has the on and off bar. Its in the on position if its marked correctly

Ok, the front cover of the ice maker should pry off at the top, with a small flat screwdriver. Remove front cover and tell me what you see.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
A small gear and a big gear, along with an adjustment screw of sorts.
Use a screwdriver and turn the big gear clock wise. The gear will start to turn on it's own. Stop turning. The ice maker will cycle and stop, then it should fill.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The gear wont let me turn it and ive put a considerable amount of force on it.

Look inside ice maker and see if feelers are jammed up. If not you will need to bring that ice maker back and get a new one.
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience: Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.