Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE JTP45 double oven. It is original (about 12 years

Customer Question

I have a GE JTP45 double oven. It is original (about 12 years old). The self cleaning function never worked for the top, but was working for the bottom. So - we used this a few times, and since the last time the bottom oven does not want to heat up anymore. So, we set it to 350 (or whatever), but it never heats up. The broiler does not work either. We powercycled the whole oven, but nothing changed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

does the broil work?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is a GE JTP45. I have the manual - at the bottom of the front page it says "164D2966P230".

Neither the broiler nor the regular oven work. So, when I turn on the regular oven and set it to for instance 350 and press start the oven does not warm up, and when I use the broil (either in low or in high mode) the oven does not warm up.
The oven light works, as do all the electronic indicators associated with the oven.
We ran the oven in the self cleaning mode just before it stopped working

I just tried the self cleaning feature again - it does lock the oven, but does not warm it up.

Hope this helps - thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

ok you have to reset the high limit thermostat, Part 253101these sometimes trip after self clean, its # XXXXX on this diagram, its behind the center spacer between the two ovens, you need to press the little red button to reset, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry for the late reply - I was on travel - finally got around to doing this tonight. It worked like a charm - great help!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
thats great.thanks and well wishes, Bryan