Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My clock does not work but in the past I have been able to

My clock does not work but in the past I have been able to use the CLEAN for my oven. For some reason I cannot make it work this time. In the past I have set the start and stop time then wound the clock around to the start time and the CLEAN light came on. Today it won't come on. Can you tell me how to make the CLEAN function work, I guess manually, I would call it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

if you set it like you said and i=the lights come on but it doesn't self clean the contacts in the clock are bad, Part 569829Part 569829this clock is no longer available however, I'm afraid it may be time for a new oven, sorry i hate giving bad news, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
<p>What does i= mean in your answer? The lightsdo not come on for clean but when I put it on bake it does. Checking for light not working or breaker off.</p><p>Bryan, I feel so stupid! I didn't move the lever to clean!!! When I just did the light came on and it is cleaning!!!</p>