Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Jenn Air counter depth s/s fridge which is holding

I have a Jenn Air counter depth s/s fridge which is holding a temperature of 60 degrees in the fresh food side of the unit. Last week I defrosted the freezer side and had the fresh food side down to 40 degrees. Last night the fresh food section was up around 60 again with frost on the coils in the freezer. The fan is running fine but is constantly on. Is this a bad thermostat or defrost control problem and what parts should I replace to remedy the issue? I had an appliance repair person out to the house before I tried anything to fix the issue and, long story short, I paid $140 for him to align a door and tighten screws around a gasket.
If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

can you get me the model #?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry. I had to call home for it. JCD-2389-GES
ok these refrigerators have a problem with the adaptive defrost boards, Part 948430they have bee redesigned to work correctly, we hardly ever replace the defrost thermostat in these which is sold with the heater,Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=my guess is the adaptive defrost board has failed, you can order one @ thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've had the freezer panels off when I defrosted the freezer and saw the defrost thermostat. Is the adaptive defrost board located behind the panels as well? How difficult is the installation of the board?
no the adb is in the refrigerator section up in the controls part # XXXXX on this diagram, these can be a little difficult to replace you need to remove the cover over the controls. # XXXXX and some other things to get to it, hope this helps, thanks Bryan