Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Is it possible for me to flush a dirt water tank on my GE Monogram

Is it possible for me to flush a dirt water tank on my GE Monogram regrigerator?

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

this can be a problem, removing the tank and flushing it would be the only real way of getting all of the dirt, Part 294478replacing the tank is a better option, you don't want to flush it while its in the refrigerator because you will get the dirt into all the lines and possibly clog them, you can order a new one @ if you wish, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I had found that part online, altho at a different website.

Is replacing the water tank a task that the relatively handy homeowner is capable of doing themselves? And if yes, what is involved besides turning off the water? Any tricks to separating and reattaching the plastic lines at go in and out of the water tank?

not really that hard to do, if you remove the back panel behind the refrigerator where the compressor is you will see connectors like these, Part 298777just disconnect and pull them up through from inside the refrigerator, slide the new lines back through and connect. I believe these come with instructions, thanks Bryan