Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello All, Ive got a Kenmore Coldspot Model #106.50522101

Hello All,
I've got a Kenmore Coldspot Model #106.50522101 side by side refrig. We are getting front from the blap door on the freezer door not closing all the way. The door that opens to let ice out is stuck open. We've just filled the space behind it with paper for now to force the door to stay closed. I just talked to Searspartsdirect and they show that there are no replacement parts, but a entire door that can be purchased. There has got to be a better way to fix this than replace the entire door? Thanks for any help.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

that depends on which part of the dispenser door is broken , there are parts available to fix some of these but if the metal pin has broken off the door liner part itself you may need to replace the door, take a look up inside the dispenser and see if this pin has broken away from the inner part of the dispenser itself, Part 453385

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I appreciate your help. I can't believe it. I just went to go look for this pin you are talking about to find the problem myself. The plastic cover that directs the ice downward had popped out on one side, and the top of this cover piece was getting in the way of the door being correctly closed. I've popped it back in and everything is working correctly now. Wow!
thats great! Sears always tries to sell you everything, never call them for a service call, they will get you good, they are also called A&E service word of advice stay away from them, anyway have a great day , thanks Bryan