Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Admiral washer #AAV8000AWW thats 6 yrs old. When

I have an Admiral washer #AAV8000AWW that's 6 yrs old. When washing thru a cycle it will continue to agitate all the way thru without changing to rinse or spin until it times out and just stops. If I lift the lid and cause it to stop agitating, then it will switch to the appropriate action. Any ideas?

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

so when you open the lid and then close it then advance it to spin it spins and finishes?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I open the lid when the timer is pointing at "rinse", it will rinse. But often if you're not there to repeat the "lift lid" procedure, it will skip the spin cycle too. If I don't lift the lid, the timer will advance thru its range but not activate any changes. It will time out and be full of soapy water.
ok , great, you need the lid switch in this, Part 1456you can order this @ and it comes with instructions, replace it, thanks Bryan