Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Frigidair side by side modle fsc23f7hw6 .. it is only

I have a Frigidair side by side modle fsc23f7hw6 .. it is only 2 1/2 yrs old.. it has been running almost non stop since last week..I have cleaned underneath and fnd little dust..what is wrong w it..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

is there frost on the back panel in the freezer? look real good.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is no frost ...
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

ok , take the back panel off in the freezer and tell me what the frost pattern looks like on the coils this is importent, let me know, thanks Bryan

Edited by Bryan on 6/6/2010 at 1:43 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I cannot take the back panel off.. what do you suspect it is..? and what would be the remedy.?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well if you were able to get the panel off and the frost pattern wasn't uniform across all the coils it would be a freon problem which is the sealed system and would require a certified tech to repair, this can be expensive to repair, I suspect thats whats going on in yours. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
While I could not remove the panel..I was able to use a plastic coffee stir & put it in the air vents and there was no frost on the stir not did I feel any while scraping it around..
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
well this tells me its a sealed system problem, unfortunately you will need a tech to look at this, sorry, thanks Bryan