Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Bosch 500 plus washer - E13 error on the screen and door wont

Bosch 500 plus washer - E13 error on the screen and door won't open. Can we fix, or at least get the door open and remove the laundry inside?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
there is a drain trap in the bottom right hand corner. The unit won't open the door because the water won't drain. There is a tiny hole you can stick a pin through in the access panel on the lower front right corner. Push a pin through the whole and turn the access panel counter clockwise and it will remove so that you can unscrew the plastic drain cap behind it. Remove the plastic drain cap and clear the drain behind it and you should be good to go.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm pushing a pin through the hole, but panel turns about 1/4 inch and I don't feel like I'm hitting a release of any kind. Can you tell me what position the hole should be in? It's currently pointing at about 5:00. Possibly the last tech who worked on the washer replaced it incorrectly?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
I'm not sure, When you push in the pin you should be pushing on a metal tab. Then the access panel turns only about an inch or two to remove it. If you can't figure it out then I'd call a technician.