Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I am having a problem with a Whirlpool refrigerator, Model

I am having a problem with a Whirlpool refrigerator, Model # XXXXX Mfg. date 7/4. The problem is a constant dripping of water down the inside back of the unit that seems to be coming from the freezer. The water is obvious but where it is coming from is not.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

your defrost drain is clogged, this is a common problem, remove the back panel in the freezer section and under the coils in the center there is a drain hole, (this is probably covered in ice) get really hot water and pour it on the ice until it all melts and the water drains freely down the hole, this will fix that issue. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How difficult is it to remove the panel you described and is it inside the freezer compartment?
its not that bad , you need to remove screws #14 then part # XXXXX then part # XXXXX and then you can get to the drain,