Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Dry I that is not running. This happened

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Dry I that is not running. This happened about a year ago and I unplugged it for a hours. Once I plugged it back in it worked like new. It's about 5 years old. I tried unplugging it again, but no luck this time. Is there anything else I could check or try?

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

when you say not running do you mean when you push start it doesn't do anything?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Right. When I select a cycle it clicks like it has always done. But when I push the start button it doesn't start.
ok most likely the thermal fuse has blown in this, Part 2986these are cheap and not hard to replace, its # XXXXX on this diagram, just remove the back panel of the dryer and its on the blower assembly, you will see it, unplug the dryer and take the two wires off of it and tape them together and press start, if it starts then replace it don't leave this tapped together its a safety fuse, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-LEQ9508PW0-%3d%3di2986&PartID=2986c if this doesn't start let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'll give that a try. Bryan how long does this session stay up. I was going to try this right now. Do I have time?
you have a couple of hours, even after you accept you can come back and I'll still help, but you can wait and try it now, remember to unplug!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
cool! Thank you!!
no problem ,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You are the MAN!!! Can't thank you enough!!
thats great I guess it worked, good job, just remember not to run this like that this is a safety fuse and without it if the dryer overheats it can catch fire, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for the heads up. thanks again for your help, my name is Dusty
ok, Dusty, thank you and have a great Sunday! Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You too!!
By the way thanks for the bonus! you need not reply back but thanks, Bryan