Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a sub zero 632. Everything just stopped the other day.

I have a sub zero 632. Everything just stopped the other day. Cleaned the coils, turned the power back on and after 30 minutes everything is working, except the lights and panel do not work on the fridge side. The lights work on the freezer side. It is not bad bulbs. Replaced one and the lights were still not on and the panel is not on either. The buttons however appear to be working. I was going to try and turn off the power for a few minutes and try again. Any suggestions?? Thank you for your time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

Part 819078

the main control board could be the problem but before replacing this

you need to check the door switch in this and also I've run into on these the wiring harness plug can get loose and cause this, these are somewhat difficult to work on though, if you don't have a volt meter to check the switch you may need to call a service tech, thanks, Bryan

Edited by Bryan on 6/6/2010 at 11:04 AM EST