Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My trash compactor is stuck in the down position. The motor

My trash compactor is stuck in the down position. The motor is working. I cannot get a repair tech here for 2 weeks. How can I get the garbage out now?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

your drive gear has broke, Part 735285the only thing you can do right away to get the trash out is pull the machine out unplug it and tip it on its side, take the bottom off and wind the thing up by hand which is a pain and takes a while, the only other choice is take it outside until you can get it worked on, heres a link to all the diagrams for you machine, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I knew the drive gear was broken. I guess I should have ended my question with 'easily'. However, you did answer my question and taking it outside is not a bad option. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok , I just tried to give you some options , thanks and well wishes Bryan