Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

flame sensor has continuity can it still not work

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

let me check the model and I'll be back shortly, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The dryer tuns normally but there is no heat, replaced ignitor. Tested flame sensor by looking in when running but did not see ignitor glow,but it is hidden so not sure, but flames sensor has continuity.

did you check the thermal fuse on the blower assembly for continuity? Part 2923

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no not yet
check that and let me know, this should have continuity.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how do i access this part i have the back off and the diagram from sears but is it accessable without taking aprt everything
hold on, on the back of the dryer were the burner assembly goes up the back the is a thermostat at the top of the unit # XXXXX on the tube # XXXXX this is most likely the problem, the one on the right in this picture, Kit, thermal cut-off (includes illus. 15)its the thermal cutoff and if this goes it wont light, check that,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Boththermostats register o ohms, but thermal fuse does no register o, i think it be thermal fuse?
i also think so, replace that, you can do a quick test by taping the wire together and see if the igniter glows, by no means use the dryer this way however, thanks Bryan