Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello, I have a GE Profile Advantium 120. The circulation fan,

Hello, I have a GE Profile Advantium 120. The circulation fan, not the vent fan, stays on all the time when the door is closed. I have tried unpluging it and pluging it back in but this does not work. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

this is a bad door switch, there are three you need to check these and see witch one is sticking, I need to full model # XXXXX look up diagrams, can you get that?

Appliance Model Illustration

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Bryan, This make sense. I am not at the location of the micowave. I will check the switches and get the model #. I will respond tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sure no problem , I'll be on both days, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan, The model # XXXXX XXXXX 01. I couldn't see any switches other than the one on the bottom of where the two hook latches on the door go into the box to hold the door closed.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok on this diagram the switches are 1445 and 1446 there are three one is stuck, probably the middle one,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Bryan, Holy crap! There's a lot of little parts in there. Unless I get lucky and it un-sticks after I pound on it a few times, it looks like a trip to the Dick VAn Dyke appliance store. Respond to this and I will accept our $14 deal. You have helped!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
yes there are a lot of parts and some are dangerous even when this is unplugged, please if you are not comfortable with working on this go to Dick Van Dyke's, its not worth your life, thanks Bryan