Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Frigidaire Refig/Freezer full size side by side unit

I have a Frigidaire Refig/Freezer full size side by side unit model # XXXXX I noticed that the freezer is not keeping the stuff frozen and when I shut the door to the freezer I noticed that the normal vacum sound of it sealing did not happen. I checked by putting a piece of paper in the door and shutting it in various places and it is clearly not sealing. Could it be the gasket or is there a fan or something else that could be causing the door not to seal. I have made sure that everything is out of the way of the door and checked to make sure the freezer and the door are level.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

when you open the freezer door and hold the light button in does the fan start? also is the frost on the back panel in the freezer section? look real good,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Here is the model info again

Make: Frigidaire
Model: PLFU1778ES2

The fan was running and when I pushed in the button it contiued to run. There is no frost at all and even bread that was frozen solid is soft. usually I would hear a vacum sound upon shutting the door and when you tried to open it right away the suction was too tight to even open right away. Now it doesn't suction close at all.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
if the fan is running and theres no frost it is a seal problem, either on the freezer door or refrigerator door , both could effect that. check the bottom of the door thats usually where they leak, also make sure the ice dispenser door is closing tight, hope this helps, thanks Bryan