Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a ge model GSD2800D03 dishwasher. Receiving blocked

I have a ge model GSD2800D03 dishwasher. Receiving blocked washer arm error, have completly removed the bottom rack and still receiving error, there is nothing in the unit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

do the spray arms turn easy by hand?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, all the arms spin freely by hand.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
how much water is in the bottom after this fills?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Just started cycle again and got blocked arm error, there is about one inch of water in the bottom.

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
did it finish filling before the error came up? if this isn't getting enough water the arms wont spin and the machine may be thinking the arms are blocked, try pouring enough water in by hand till it reaches the heater and see if it comes back if it does the lower spray arm sensor switch is bad. Part 271570or possibly stuck,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
started it again and it ran to completion on short (28 min) cycle (i added about 20 oz of water two minutes in), an intermittant problem with the switch you describe seems logical, is this something I can replace (I am semi handy)
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I cant find the diagrams of its location in your machine but I think its under the spray arm assembly you can order the part @ if you want to try, thanks Bryan