Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My whirlpool ice maker isnt working. It wont fill with water.

My whirlpool ice maker isn't working. It won't fill with water. The water comes through the line so that you can get water on the door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

if the ice maker is cycling, (turning) then you need to replace the valve, its a dual valve and the ice maker side is bad, Part 949403 you can order this @ thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The ice maker isn't cycling. Model #ED5PHEMQ00
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok, take a small screw driver and pry the front white cover off and you will see this, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=check the two white tabs in the middle of the white gear and make sure one isn't loose or broken, let me know,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Nothing was loose or broken
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok can you find a piece of wire about four inches long and strip each end back around 3/4" ? if so stick the wire in holes marked T and H this will start the cycle,they are at the 5 o clock position, after 3 seconds remove the wire, if it doesn't start then the module is bad, heres a link to the part, its $70.00, most people replace the whole ice maker instead,Part 1857its a little more money, $115.00 but you know it will work, thanks Bryan