Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.

We have a Genie 1/2 HP, H4000A model that was installed around

Customer Question

We have a Genie 1/2 HP, H4000A model that was installed around 3 or 4 years ago. They have worked very well. We are selling our house and in the process of selling I was cleaning the inside of the garage door. I released the emergency switch on both door, which I have done many, many times before, to make it easier to clean it. This time, how ever, when I re-engaged the emergency switch, the door moves in only one direction, up, and stops. We are having realtors coming through tomorrow and I would like to fix, what I think is a simple problems, but cannot find my instructions manual etc. I would really appreciate your help on this soon. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 6 years ago.
Try adjusting down force first on the back of the opener unit. Also, are there any codes LED lights blinking on the back of the opener? How many blinks?
Look here for your manual, I don't know which model you have with just the number you gave.