Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my emerson 1000w microwave just stopped working model mw8115ss.

my emerson 1000w microwave just stopped working model mw8115ss. I mean it has power and everything looks fine but when i go and try to start it to acually cook somthing the timer counts down but the turn table doesnt spin and it makes no sound at all. and i notice that two red icons are flashing when i do try to start it and it stars to count down one is a microwave indicator icon and the other is the hihg cook indicator. can you point me in the right direction please.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

the most likely cause is one of the door safety switches is bad, they are # XXXXX on this diagram, | Door and Latch replacement parts for Whirlpool MW8100XL0 this is what they look like, | WHIRLPOOL Sw, Interlock P - S, part number: AP3119440I would replace both of them, hope this helps, thanks Bryan

link to parts,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so my unit has three micro switches i checked them all with a fluke they all checked good as i depressed the switch. but i found that on one of the switches the micro is not being pressed in as much as it needs to be when i close the door. i plugged the microwave in and started the timer then manually pressed the switch it worked. would you recommend a new switch still or now what.
yes , and it comes with the part thats probably causing your problem, the black part in the picture, that should take care of it, thanks Bryan