Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i cannot turn the lock button off on my kenmore elite dishwasher.

Customer Question

i cannot turn the lock button off on my kenmore elite dishwasher. I have held it down for 4 seconds and it still wont turn off - any sugestions? Thanks, Liz
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

If you did not include a model # XXXXX your question please do on you second reply if possible,this helps us serve you faster.

try shutting the breaker off for 5 minutes and then back on see if this resets, if not you may need the control board, can you get me the full model # ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for your reply - i shut off the breaker for 15 min but no luck. the red light is still blinking - the manual says the model # XXXXX XXXXX , although the manual is for a bunch of other models too- it is a kenmore elite - does that help? thank you so much - having a party tom and really need dishwasher to work! wheres the control panel?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
check these places on the dish washer for the model, Appliance Model Illustration
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
is this it XXXXXXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok you need to resend the model # XXXXX a space between each #. I need to step out for about an hour and will check back in when I return, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
1 4 3 6 6 3 1 1 6 thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
any luck?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
sorry just got back, that # XXXXX doesn't come up, is this an American unit or Canada model?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am sooo sorry try this number 6 6 5 1 5 9 8 9 9 9 0 THANK YOU!!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok thats it, the problem is the control board , Part 940021this is inside the door and heres a link to get the part, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
do you know anyone who can repair today? Thank you so mcuh for your help!
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
I doubt you will get anyone out today but look in your phone book there may be someone, thanks Bryan